FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS ON HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA
Data protection legislation regulates the way in which certain data about yourself (received as part of applying for employment with Ideal Health Consultants), both in paper and electronic form is used and held. Ideal Health Consultants is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and fully complies with the requirements placed on it as a ‘data processor’.
The following statement describes the type of data that the Ideal Health Consultants keeps about job applicants and the purpose for which it is kept and your rights under the GDPR related to data processed about you, should you apply to work with or for Ideal health Consultants.
Processing job applications
From the point at which we receive your CV or application for a role, Ideal Health Consultants will need to maintain and process data about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a recruitment decision and production of an offer of contract if appropriate. Such data is normally retained for six months following completion of our recruitment processes in the event of an offer of employment not being made.
Processing at the recruitment stage includes the collection, storage, retrieval, alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. The kind of data that the Ideal Health Consultants will process includes:
- Interview details including notes of interviewers, dates and times
- Candidate’s work history
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the role
- Disabilities (for monitoring and adjustments only)
- Date of birth (for post-employment health checks and adjustments advice only)
- Contact details, including addresses, phone numbers and other contact details including historical address records for staff vetting and ID verification
- Criminal records (only where relevant to role and where legally permitted)
- References provided by previous employers and personal or educational referees
- National Insurance number
- Rights to work information for example copies of passports, ID cards, residence permits
- Documents to confirm identity and address for example the above and utility bills, bank statements
Applicant and employee data
The data that Ideal Health Consultants holds may be held and processed to meet Ideal Health Consultants legal responsibilities and also for the purposes of management and administration of an offer of employment, ascertaining suitability for employment, to comply with equal opportunity, immigration and money laundering legislation. From time to time, the need to disclose data it holds about you to relevant third parties (or example where legally obliged to do so by HM Revenue and Customs, UK Border or other public authority, or where requested to do so by yourself for the purpose of giving a reference).
Ideal Health Consultants may also share this data with selected third parties, under agreements which strictly govern the use the third party may make of the data, to facilitate the above uses including our nominated occupational health advice provider and our nominated staff vetting provider.
In some cases the Ideal Health Consultants may also hold sensitive data, as defined by the legislation, about you. This could be information about health, criminal convictions and financial debts and directorships.
If you wish to view the information held about you, you must make a written request to Natalie.Hodson@idealts.co.uk. You may, within a period of thirty days of your written request, inspect and/or have a copy (subject to the requirements of the legislation) of information held about you and, if necessary, require corrections should such records be faulty.
Your rights under the GDPR also include the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- Right to erasure (sometimes known as the right to be forgotten)
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Should you have any complaints regarding the handling of your data you have the right to lodge a complaint with Natalie Hodson, Ideal Health Consultant’s Data Protection Officer. You can contact her at:
Ideal Health Consultants, Knoll House, Knoll Road, Camberley Surrey GU15 3SJ
Tel: 01483 453508